Friday, March 13, 2009

Doing well

Have been doing well this last week- I managed to crack the 73s! So very happy about that. I have a particularly challenging weekend in front of me, going up to visit my sister and the rest of my family. That is usually dangerous food wise, as snack food tends to be eaten quite a bit! I think the key to my success this week was how I ate last weekend- one big treat meal Saturday night, and while the rest of the weekend was a little "relaxed" it was done with conscious choices to minimise carbs- ie getting a wrap for lunch, eatting eggs for brekkie. If I just think on the weekends "carbs are evil", it will go a long way to minimising the damage weekends normally wreak on my weight. I certainly don't believe they are evil- but my problem is I love them too much- rice, pasta, bread, cakes- I love it all! So portion control is vital to win the battle of the bulge :)

No comments:

Post a Comment